Summer Classes and Camp Safety Procedures & Guidelines
Dancer & Employee Screening
● At Home Screening: Dancers/Families/Staff must conduct self-assessment and NOT ENTER our facility if you or your family are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to COVID-19.
● If your dancer has or as been exposed to COVID-19 contact the studio immediately.
● Hand Washing: Dancers will be given hand sanitizer or asked to wash their hands when entering the building/classroom and throughout the duration of the class/camp.
● Dancers/Staff are temperature checked when entering the building. Anyone with a fever over 100.4 will need to go home immediately.
Drop off / Pick up
● Our lobby is closed for observation unless your child is in our dance adventure program Ages 6 & Under: For our dance adventure parents, one parent/guardian may sit in our lobby during your child’s class. Face covering are required.
● Parents/Guardians are welcome to wait in the parking lot or leave and come back. Please make sure your information is current in our system, in case we need to contact you.
● Dancers should not arrive earlier than 10 minutes prior to their class time.
● Our front desk staff is assisting with dismissal. Parents are welcome to wait for dancers outside on the sidewalk. If a parent is running late dancers must wait inside.
Physical Distancing and Capacity Measures
● Class sizes are limited
● The Dance Studio had been taped off in accordance of 6ft Regulation. Students are to remain in that box until assigned to their new position for across the floor or corners; dancers must remain 6 feet apart. Ballet barres have been marked with social distancing requirements.
● Dancers will be with their assigned class and teacher during the duration of the class/camp. Each classroom will also have an assigned restroom to keep interactions at a minimum.
● The Dressing Room or the “Dancers Area”: will be CLOSED to dancers/families.
Preparing for Class
● Water Bottle: Dancers need to provide their own water bottle.
● Attire and Hair: Dancers need to come to class with their hair done and in their proper dance apparel. Limit the amount of shoes/attire brought into the studio
● Shoes: Only Dance Shoes are allowed on the studio floors. If you are in hip hop do not wear your shoes in off the street. Please use shoes that are reserved for dance class only.
Cleanliness and Sanitation
● The studio will be sanitized several times throughout the day with a deep clean after classes have ended for the day. Restrooms will be cleaned between classes particularly on high-touch surfaces such as faucets, toilets, doorknobs, and light switches.
● If barres are needed for the class/camp, they will be disinfected.
● The last Three to five minutes of each class is dedicated to cleaning and sanitizing for the next class.
● All Staff members will be wearing masks
● All Dancers and Parents are required to wear a mask in the lobby
● Dancers age 7 and older are required to wear a mask inside the studio any time they cannot maintain 6 ft distancing. Dancers age 6 and under are encouraged but not required to wear a mask once they get into the studio.
● We will continue to follow the State and CDC guidelines and make changes to this policy when necessary.
We are so excited to open back up. I wanted to take a moment and say thank you for your patience and understanding in the opening process. It has been a whirlwind the last few months for all of us. To ensure everyone’s safety, I wanted to make sure that we not only follow protocol but what was best with our dancers in mind. Please review these guidelines with your dancers.
Starr Dance is taking all precautions that have been recommended by officials help the spread of COVID-19. Below is a list of important guidelines all dancers & families will need to consider in order to participate in Starr Dance Classes. Following these guidelines will ensure a smooth and easy transition of our new normal for everyone and keep our kids safe, healthy & protected in dance. Again, all of these modifications are for dancer safety and will remain in effect until regulations are lifted. We will continue to follow the CDC and our Local Health Departments guidelines and make changes when necessary.
We understand that these times are unique, and we appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding as we navigate as responsibly as we can. Together, we can find new ways to have fun while being diligent to maintain proper physical distancing. Our goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy by doing our best to follow our new guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued support.